This past year saw exciting changes and growth for the Octavia Project. Our summer programs welcomed their largest cohort yet, we expanded our STEAM curriculum, and a new partnership brought increased visibility to our participants’ work and annual showcase.
As the year comes to a close, we want to thank everyone who has been a part of our community this year—our participants and their families, partners and volunteers, teachers and staff, board members, and all of the supporters who make our work possible year after year.
Together, we achieved so much in 2023! It’s hard to cover it all, but some of the highlights include:
- Running our ninth annual Summer Institute for high schoolers and our third Summer Camp for middle schoolers, which you can read all about on our blog.
- Partnering with the Center for Art, Research and Alliances (CARA) to include Octavia Project participant work in their summer exhibition and host our Summer Showcase.
- Publishing volume 4 of our digital zine, Positive Obsessions, featuring Institute participants’ games, poetry, artwork, and more.
- Bringing on board our new Program Manager, Ananya Garg, and adding two new members to our Board of Directors, who you can get to know on our Team page.
- Hosting our first Community Chat, a conversation with Octavia Project community members featuring Institute alums Xylon and Cheyann.
- Gathering with so many of our supporters and community members in November to kick off fundraising for our 2024 programs with a bang!
We’re excited to keep you posted on our plans for 2024, our ten year anniversary! In the meantime, we wish you and your loved ones a happy and restful holiday season.