2022 was a busy year at the Octavia Project! Our Summer Institute returned to in-person, we grew our Summer Camp, and we added programs to better support our alumni.
Before the year ends, we want to pause, reflect, and thank all of you who make the Octavia Project possible—our participants and their families, our teachers, volunteers, and supporters. As a small organization, it takes a community to get it all done, and we couldn’t do it without you.
Catch up on everything that happened at the Octavia Project this year, including…
- Running our eighth annual Summer Institute for high schoolers and the second year of our Summer Camp for middle schoolers.
- Publishing Positive Obsessions Vol. 3, our digital zine featuring Summer Institute participants’ games, poetry, artwork, and more.
- Hosting a conversation between three of our alumni and award-winning author and MacArthur Fellow N. K. Jemisin.
- Launching a partnership with Brooklyn Speculative Fiction Writers to offer mentoring and publishing opportunities to our alumni.
- Going on our very first Octavia Project Fellows’ camping trip!
You can read more about our work this year in our 2022 Impact Report.
Stayed tuned in the new year for updates about our 2023 programs. In the meantime, we wish you and your loved ones a happy and healthy holiday season!