Do you like art and writing? Are you into STEM? Would you like to learn new creative skills? Then join us at the Octavia Project!
The Octavia Project Summer Camp is a FREE summer enrichment program for young women and trans, nonbinary, and/or gender non-conforming youth who will be in grades 6-8 next school year. Together we will create, learn, and have FUN in daily workshops that combine science, tech, art, and writing. Whether you want to write a book or are an avid computer gamer, the Octavia Project welcomes you!
The Octavia Project Summer Camp will be held in person at the Urban Assembly Institute in Downtown Brooklyn. Our Summer Camp runs from July 6 – July 29, 2021. Workshops will run Monday through Thursday from 9am-3pm and optional Friday Field Trips will be offered on July 16 & July 30, also from 9am-3pm. Our camp is 100% free and includes breakfast, lunch, and MetroCards to get to and from all workshops.
An Octavia Project participant will finish the program with:
- Strengthened skills and confidence in STEM, digital-media, art, and writing.
- Access to a network of professional women from the fields of art, tech, science, and writing.
- A portfolio of multi-media projects.
- A community of creative peers who have your back!
Octavia Project participants are:
- Young women and trans, nonbinary, and/or gender non-conforming youth who will be in grades 6-8 for the 2021-22 school year.
- Able to travel to Downtown Brooklyn on a daily basis.
- Available to attend camp in-person from July 6 – July 29.
- Into art, writing, science, tech, gaming—or interested in learning more about these topics!
Submit an online application. We accept applications on a rolling basis. If accepted, we will also share a permission form that requires a parent/guardian signature. Please reach out if you would like a Word doc version of the application.
Download and share our flyer!
Email us at enrollment [at] octaviaproject.org.